Wednesday, April 8, 2020

LENT 2020: Day 37

     God, to save me,
          LORD, to my help, hasten!
There is urgency in the Psalmist’s words, for it is Holy Week, the Wednesday of Holy Week, and we know that Jesus will be arrested tomorrow, then executed the day after.
There is urgency for us, too, today.
In the midst of this global pandemic, we cry out with the Psalmist:
    God, to save me,
          LORD, to my help, hasten!
On behalf of the healthcare workers, who never expected their jobs to entail such risk, we cry out:
    God, to save me,
          LORD, to my help, hasten!
On behalf of the essential workers, many of whom we did not consider so essential just a few weeks ago, and many of whom aren’t even paid a living wage, we cry out:
    God, to save me,
          LORD, to my help, hasten!
On behalf of the prisoners, many of whom are not able to socially distance, and many of whom are forced  their cells, we cry out:
    God, to save me,
          LORD, to my help, hasten!
And let us remember that there were those among us who were already struggling, already suffering, before the pandemic hit.
    God, to save me,
          LORD, to my help, hasten!

     As for me, I am lowly and needy.
          God, O hasten to me!
    My help, the one who frees me you are.
          LORD, do not delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment